Heating is an essential part of many industrial processes and was historically accomplished using convection heating equipment. Many companies have realized the advantages that an infrared oven can provide over convection. Infrared ovens can focus heat on the target area of an object, rather than heating the entire object that may not require it. Infrared energy also can pass through air without being absorbed, so heat is not wasted on raising the temperature of an entire oven chamber. This helps users accelerate the processing speed while reducing energy loss to the environment, saving both time and money.
Many oven manufacturers have a set offering of standard oven designs that are made to accommodate a variety of customers. These ovens may provide good results, but at a lower efficiency than a custom-built oven that is tailored to fit the customer’s application. Casso-Solar designs all of our equipment using the customer’s specific requirements, allowing us to match the oven design to the application which maximizes efficiency and profits. Below are examples of some common applications and how they can benefit from the use of a custom-built infrared oven.
Benefits of Custom Industrial Infrared Ovens in Common Applications
The following are examples of common applications which us infrared ovens and how they benefit from the use of a custom design:
- Infrared Curing Ovens: Infrared is often used to cure coatings on various substrates. Many curing processes take extended periods of time and longer dwell times typically means bigger ovens and more floor space utilization. Casso-Solar works with our customers to ensure that the oven meets their production rate requirements while only taking up the minimum amount of floor space possible.
- Infrared Preheating Ovens: In some applications, infrared is used to quickly preheat a substrate prior to additional processing. Casso-Solar performs complimentary lab testing for our customers to determine the shortest possible time for preheating. This allows the design to be customized to minimize both floor space and energy usage.
- Glass Bending Ovens: Glass is a substrate that readily absorbs infrared energy and as a result, infrared is widely used in glass bending applications. Some manufacturers produce a wide variety of bent glass products, while others produce one specific type of product. Casso-Solar can produce an oven with maximum flexibility for customers with multiple products or an oven tailor-made for single product customers. As one example, a moveable floor can be put into the oven and adjusted based on the depth of the product bend. For shallow-bend products the floor is moved up, decreasing the volume of the oven to be heated and shortening cycle times.
- Infrared Drying Ovens: These infrared ovens are used for removing moisture or solvents from a substrate or coating. By understanding what is being removed, Casso-Solar is able to design a custom oven that produces infrared energy at the appropriate wavelength to target that substance. This helps to keep processing times short and energy use at maximum efficiency.
Casso-Solar’s custom design philosophy allows for these processes and many others to be performed with minimum waste of resources.
Know About Different Substrates Cured by Infrared Ovens
- Carbon fiber products
- Metals such as steel, aluminum
Which Are the Industries Using Custom Infrared Ovens?
- Architectural and Automotive Glass
- Construction Equipment
- Electrical Products
- Plastic and Film
- Metal Coating and Finishing
Casso-Solar Technologies has been delivering custom industrial infrared ovens to its clients in glass processing, paint and powder finishing, textiles, metals, and plastic and film industries for over 60 years. Call (845) 354-2010 or email email@example.com today to learn how our custom designed ovens can help maximize the profits from your application.